For more than 50 years, MassHousing has been helping current, and future Bay State residents become homeowners through a MassHousing mortgage.
MassHousing is a Housing Finance Authority, which is also known as an HFA. Home.com describes HFA mortgages as those “offered through state housing finance agencies or authorities in partnership with mortgage lenders. They’re designed for homebuyers who have low to moderate incomes and can provide down payment and/or closing cost assistance to help make homeownership affordable”.
WHAT MAKES A MASSHOUSING MORTGAGE SO GREAT
A loan from MassHousing offers you the chance to achieve homeownership, but that’s just the beginning. Check out these generous eligibility requirements:
- Your gross annual income must be less than $157,950
- The home must be owner-occupied, which means you plan to live in the home as your primary residence
- You can purchase a single-family home, condo, or multifamily with up to 4 units
- No location requirements—you can buy a home anywhere in Massachusetts
With an elevated income threshold of nearly $160K, it’s easier than ever to take advantage of the program.
Approved lending partners across the state, such as Fairway Independent Mortgage, offer MassHousing’s affordable loans products. I’m proud to be listed as one MassHousing’s top loan originators!
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE YOU’RE SURE TO LOVE
How does 5% of the purchase price or $15,000 sound for down payment assistance? That’s what you can look forward to with a MassHousing mortgage.
Check out these advantages of the program’s down payment assistance:
- The down payment assistance can be financed over a 15-year term at 2%
- Repayment of this assistance is due at the time of refinancing or sale before the 15-year term has ended
Additional down payment assistance is available for Massachusetts “Gateway Cities.” These cities include Attleboro, Barnstable, Brockton, Chelsea, Chicopee, Everett, Fall River, Fitchburg, Haverhill, Holyoke, Lawrence, Leominster, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Methuen, New Bedford, Peabody, Pittsfield, Quincy, Revere, Salem, Springfield, Taunton, Westfield, and Worcester!
That’s a lot of options across the Bay State, including right here in Central MA, where communities are coming back stronger than ever.
MI MORTGAGE INSURANCE
You can utilize MI mortgage insurance to cover your monthly payments if you unexpectedly lose your job after borrowing a MassHousing mortgage.
The benefits contain:
- The mortgage insurance is automatically included at no extra cost
- You’ll receive up to $2,000 a month for six months of your principal and mortgage interest after a qualifying event such as job loss
- The insurance is prorated based on your income when you apply for the home loan
- You can use this benefit for six months within the first ten years of the loan
If this kind of peace of mind is important to you, you should consider the financial safety net that a home loan from MassHousing can offer you.
YOU CAN BECOME A HOMEOWNER IN CENTRAL MA
With generous eligibility requirements available statewide, there’s never been a better time to move from renting into homeownership. I’m very knowledgeable about MassHousing programs. If you’re looking to purchase a home, then I’m ready to show you what’s possible. Contact me to get on the path to affordable homeownership.